Advanced Podortho® Nursing Foot Care Course
Are You Ready to Take Your
Career to the Next Level?
This program begins with general nursing foot care concepts and transitions into the most advanced concepts considering nurses will work to their full scope of practice and to offer a wide range of foot and lower limb care in communities across Ontario, Canada.
Module 1 (Theory – 2 Days)
- In class at location chosen or now offered online at some locations.
- Biomechanics lesson is online and must be attended on scheduled date (facilitator will advise).
- Ottawa location theory is online and can be done in both English and French.
Module 2 (3 practicum days)
- 1 on 1 skills training in clinic setting with mentor.
- Booked with clinic facility once theory portion is completed.
- Multiple case studies each day with many different elements requiring advanced care.
- Student will perform Podortho® Nurse assessments, patient care, evaluation, patient health teaching and documentation observed by instructor.
Module 3 (Independent Study)
- Chapter questions and assignments (submitted by student to instructor online).
- working documents are provided to students through online portal once registered.
Module 4 (OPNA Provincial Podortho® Nursing Exam)
- In person exam and is typically booked on the last clinical day however can be booked with facilitator to write when ready to do so. It is recommended exam be written after modules 1, 2, and 3 have been completed.
Course Guidelines & Expectations
This course is designed to guide the Nurse through our post graduate education program. Each student will be required to conduct some of their own research and possess the competencies to analysis and assess related information and transition this into their own practice.
Students will be required to complete reading assignments in the textbook provided with this program. Complete all chapter questions and assignments and submit to their facilitator.
Students will have the opportunity to work with many clients in professional clinic settings alongside their mentor’s. Skills practice is one on one with mentor and one client providing guided hands-on practice promoting a relaxed practice environment allowing the student to observe techniques for each type of treatment. Mentor will provide demonstration, and student will be able to practice each individual skill under the direction of their mentor who works along side them.
Attendance is 100% mandatory to successfully complete this program. All our facilitator’s will do their best to accommodate students who are traveling from a distance in terms of scheduling clinical days and will be scheduled in advance according to the clinic and students schedule.
All modules achieved and mark above 75%
Our program qualifies for reimbursement through the Nursing Education Initiative (NEI) government program up to $1,500.00 per Annum. Applications are submitted through;
All modules must be completed in full prior to receiving documentation to submit with your NEI application.
All students must have their “Professional Liability Protective Insurance insurance” up to date prior to clinical placement as per CNO.
Liability Insurance can be obtained through;